TRS Brown Chick Peas Kala Chana 2 KG
Brown Chickpeas by TRS
- Product Weight: 2 KG
- Storage Instructions: Store in a dry place
- Package: Bag
- Small, brown but still yellow in the centre.
- Use in Asian, Indian and Mexican recipes.
- Is perfectly suitable for making hummus.
- Has a deep nutty flavour.
- High in fibre, protein, phosphorus, calcium & iron.
The brown chickpea (also known as Desi or Kala Chana) is a smaller version of the regular pale yellow chickpea. It has a brown skin but remains yellow underneath. These chickpeas can be used in curries, soups and salads. They can be stewed with meats like lamb and fish. Brown chickpeas could also be mixed with cous cous or tiny grains like quinoa or amaranth then dressed with oil and spices to make interesting side dishes.